Monday, April 18, 2011

Today was teeth cleaning day. We recently had a new dental office open up within walking distance, and after finding out that it was "in network" with our insurance company (our old dentist was not), appointments were made for all three of us.


IMG_8346


This was Kerry's very first Dentist visit. We talk it up all week, so she knew exactly what was coming and was ready to go.



IMG_8351


While we were waiting to go back, it didn't take Kerry long to discover this little table with a paper roll stretched across it, just begging for her to "doodle" on it.




IMG_8350


And this cute little "mouse hole" with more toys stashed inside for her to explore...


IMG_8355


Soon it was her turn in the chair. She had a very brief moment of panic and decided she wanted me to hold her hand. After that, she was fine. She was, much to our relief, a calm a cooperative patient. They counted her teeth (she has twenty tiny pearly whites) then they flossed , cleaned, polished and brushed on a flouride coating.


IMG_8356

She was thrilled to get a brand new Dora toothbrush, a little tube of SpongeBob toothepaste, and a little hourglass that helps show how long to brush (I still do that for her, of course). I was so proud of my brave girl, and I think she's pretty proud of herself, too.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

She looks so tiny in that great big chair. I can see the panic start to set in but at the end she is all smiles.

my3 kids said...

Awe what a big girl...she looks sweet. Glad Kerry's first visit to the dentist went well:)

the meaklims said...

Aww yes, a moment of panic indeed. Poor Kerry. She seems to have enjoyed the experience anyway and that's the main thing!

Jill

Wendy said...

What a big girl I am proud of her too! I am dreading our first appointment which is coming soon, maybe Kerry Lu can talk to Merrin for me!

Football and Fried Rice said...

It is ALWAYS worth the new toothbrush! At least that's what I keep telling myself :) I think Miss Kerry Lu did great!

Debbie said...

She is so cute! Thanks for visiting my blog. We are so excited to travel to pick up our little girl!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Wow...she did awesome!!! Lottie has such an anxiety attack they give her a little "sleepy juice" before they even clean her teeth! lol

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours