Friday, December 24, 2010

We had a bit of a Christmas breakthrough! Last year Kerry was terrified to get up close to Santa Claus and since she was so little, you couldn't really reason with her on the matter, but now that she's two (soon approaching three) and after watching a few Christmas specials with him in them, she finally decided she was ready to visit the Jolly old Elf...I mean really excited. The whole car ride to the mall she kept saying "I'm gonna see Santa! And sit on his lap!" "Mommy, I'm -a get pwesent's for you, Mommy!!" When we got to the mall we were lucky enough to only have about 3 people in line in front of us, and this was just earlier this week. Within minutes of getting our place in line, I looked behind us to see the line growing very quickly, we apparently timed it perfectly. Anyway, while waiting in line she was saying "Hi Santa! " and nearly ran up to him while another child was still with him. She was so excited and I kept reminding her that we had to wait our turn and to be patient. Well as soon as it was her turn she ran right up to the Man in red and hopped right up in his lap. She never, ever, goes to strangers like that, but she did. I think she kinda surprised herself, because after all her excitement....this is the best picture we could get..



IMG_6610

This picture cracks me up! I think she was in total shock at what she had just done. But as soon as the picture taking was done and Santa started talking to her and asking what she wanted for Christmas she was totally fine if just a little shy. Doesn't he make a great Santa?!


(I'm in need of a new scanner, so I had to take a picture of the photo itself, but you get the idea..sorry)



So the stockings are hung...



IMG_6619








Kerry has her own little tree in her room..


IMG_6617


And her own nativity scene..

IMG_6608

So I think we're ready for Christmas.











3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jamey has that nativity set. it is great. She looked slightly in shock your right. LOL she is like what did i just do. Poor thing . Merry christmas .

Debbie said...

just love her face in the Santa pic!!!
Merry Christmas to you all. dx

the meaklims said...

Oh my goodness, that was so funny! I'm glad you told us the excited santa story, because you wouldn't have an idea that she was thrilled to see him! Lol!

Oh she is so sweet. I love that little face!

Jill

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours