Saturday, November 6, 2010

Skates and small talk...

Kerry is becoming more and more of a chatterbox. It seems every day she comes up with something that she wasn't saying the day before. I wanted to document a few of the more memorable things she's come with these past few weeks. Things like:

"Wind's blowin', gonna rain! Need a 'brella. Don't rain on meee!"

"Mommy have a back, Daddy have a back, Kerry have a back, we ALL have backs!"

"Be careful, don't fall in there" (while sitting on the"big potty").

"Wow!, Cool stuff, Mommy!"

She now adds "Mommy" to nearly anything she says, I guess to make sure she has my attention. And she tells on herself sometimes.

"Mommy, I makin' somfin!"

"Mommy, I burp!"

"I pee-pee inna baftub, Mommy!"

"Mommy, I pee-pee again!"

"Mommy, I climbin"

"Mommy! I'm over here, Mommy!"


I love it.

On another note, We were wandering around a consignment store yesterday and I found this little pair of strap on skates for Kerry, complete with knee pads, elbow pads, and carrying case. She is in LOVE with them. She even had to fall asleep with them last night and bring them with her in the car to church this morning. The skates stayed in the car, needless to say. She can stand in them and scoot around a little bit, but mostly I hold her hands and pull her around while she smiles from ear to ear =).


IMG_6142
Strapping on the skates.


IMG_6137

Steady....steady...

IMG_6140

Ta-daaaaa!


I adore that smile, but I'm not sure I like how tall she looks in those skates..I keep telling her not to grow up so fast, but like most 2.8 year olds, she's got her own ideas about things =/.



IMG_6152

And she looked so sweet napping today, I couldn't resist snapping a picture.




Which reminded me of one of my favorite pictures of my girl taken one month after she was placed in our arms. Since today is Orphan Sunday, I can't help but think about all of the other children still left in her orphanage, and all of the other orphanages in the world. More than 132 million worldwide. I wish I could do more for them. Giving what little monetary donations we can is something, I guess, but somehow I feel like I should do more. And sometimes I feel like God is leading me to something more, I'm just not sure what yet.



Ni Hao Y'all








6 comments:

the meaklims said...

Oh don;t you just love how they add your Mommy name into everything. It's the best!

It's so obvious how much she loves those skates, look at that gorgeous grin indeed!

And what a beautiful picture of her sleeping, both of them. Precious.

Jill

Dana said...

Skates are the best! And those sleeping photos are just so sweet and pretty. Amazing how much she has grown:)Our babies are not really babies anymore!

ellieshine said...

Kerry is so stinkin' cute! and I love the things she says . . . I wish my 4 year old Tia would stay little longer too!

I love the sleeping photos! and the leg warmers :)

Anonymous said...

She is so cute! When I saw your heading I thought of ice skates. Our little BooBoo started skating at 2 years, 9 months. Now, 4 years later she's in the Junior figure skating club doing waltz jumps and spins!
Lisa V

The Byrd's Nest said...

She is growing so much and she is so so precious and adorable. I also love the way the word "Mommy" is sometimes on the beginning and the end of a sentence:) Hugs!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh, I could eat your Kerry Lu with a spoon! What a funny little girl she is!

And the picture of her sleeping?? Both of them? She is gorgeous! I think I would have that baby picture framed!

& I LOVE the leg warmers, skates & goggles! Silly girl!

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours