Wednesday, September 22, 2010

We had our own little Mid- Autumn Moon Festival celebration this year. Last year Kerry had only been home a couple of months, so it pretty much got over looked.


IMG_5368


We made paper lanterns


IMG_5375



IMG_5380


We took one that Kerry decorated to give to our friends at our favorite Chinese restaurant (she gave them the blue one).


IMG_5384

Then we came home and lit our lanterns with glow-sticks...and played with them for a while.


IMG_5389


Then after a short moon-lit stroll, we read this book. The moon was GEORGEOUS tonight. I'm glad we had a clear night here so we could enjoy it.

This is one of the most important Celebrations in Chinese culture, so can't help but wonder about her birth family at times like these. I'll be saying a little prayer for them tonight.

4 comments:

ellieshine said...

I love the lanterns - we are going to make some! We went to a festival and there were no crafts - but it was fun. I know what you mean about thinking about the Chinese culture/birth parents - these occasions make me think of them as well.

It is fun getting to know you and your Kerry Lu :)

the meaklims said...

Sounds like a beautiful evening and fun times! Must check out that story book.

And I can't believe your Kerry Lu is still wearing summer clothes, I'm feeling a little envious! I totally thought we were on a smililiar weather plan, but obviously not!! :)

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!

Jill

Lisa and Tate said...

Sounds like sooooo much fun!!! Per my last post, I am sooooo crazy busy that my pathetic try of celebrating was laughable... Panda Express (Tate not into the noodles), huge rain storm and no moon present. The only redeeming things was we got to read the book and oogle over the pics and talk about the moon...

Love the lanterns and glow stick idea. Sounds like a broken record, but... Kerry is so beautiful!

Unknown said...

I love the lanterns and glow sticks . Jamey and I use glow sticks for everything. I get them at the dollar tree cheap. She is so cute and getting so big seems she grows every time you post.

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours