Sunday, September 19, 2010

One of Kerry's latest obsessions is cupcakes. She's not really into eating actual cupcakes, she just seems to be obsessed with the idea of cupcakes. She notices and points out "cuh-pakes", as she calls them, on everything when we're out and about, and the pajamas she wants to wear every.single.night, but obviously can't, have cupcakes on them. So when we went out to lunch at Cr*cker Barrel after church, and she spotted a little "sweets set" with cupcakes, cookies, and a serving tray...well...she asked so sweetly that this Mama caved and the set came home with us. This turned into a little Mama-Daughter tea party. I even dug up an old table cover that I believe was embroidered by my Great-Grandma. She was deeee-lighted with her new purchase and our little tea-party, and so was Mama =).


IMG_5294
IMG_5311

IMG_5295

IMG_5301



Ni Hao Y'all

10 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

She is adorable! I just can't get over how much she has grown up these last few months!

That little sweet set is so cute! I am sure it provided horus of entertainment:)

xoxo,

Lisa

Unknown said...

That is so sweet. She is so adorable.

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos...my girl is into cupcakes too...baking them..she's 15 and wants a cupcake shop...lol

the meaklims said...

The dress, the teaset, the table cloth...all absolutely adorable.

Beautiful shots Gin, of your beautiful girl.

Jill

3 Countries 1 Love said...

What adorable photos! And I love the cupcake set; what a perfect playset!

Dardi said...

Too, too cute!!

Ms. J said...

Gosh her hair is so lovely (I'm jealous!)

Lil Pumpkin likes to do the same thing you are describing. If you haven't already, check out the Melissa & Doug toy offerings (go.ogle it) . . . they have cupcakes you can make, cookies you can assemble, and so on. Can order from site, or get at To.ysRus, Learning Express stores, and so on. HUGE hits in our house! I took a big plastic bin and dumped all of these play-food toys in there so LP can fish out whatever she wants. Also, the "cutting food" is a big winner with LP.

ellieshine said...

CUTE! Kerry and the cupcake set :)

Her little dress is adorable also - perfect for the era!

I would have said yes also, what Mom doesn't dream of Tea Parties with her little girl?!

The Byrd's Nest said...

She is so so sweet. I love cupcakes too but I like to eat them!!!!!

Stefanie said...

How sweet!! I am a cupcake lover myself... that little cupcake set is adorable :)
And the pictures are great, too!

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours