Tuesday, March 23, 2010

We had a great time in Florida. The weather was nice, but could have been much warmer for my taste. Kerry did get to take her first trip to the beach, but it was a bit cold to get in the ocean, so she settled for playing and digging in the sand. However she refused to actually walk in it...go figure. Our hotel had a heated outdoor pool and hot tub, so she did get to play in the water quite a bit. She's quite the water-baby. The wedding was absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take any photos since I was in the wedding. I was able to take some from the rest of the week, though along with the above video of Kerry boogie-ing down at the reception =).








Kerry was an excellent traveller. It helped that we packed along some of her favorite toys and my parent's mini-van is equipped with a DVD player so she got to watch her beloved K*i-Lan and D*ra movies.










Cutting loose at a rest stop.



She had fun peeking out of these cut-outs at the Florida welcome center.



My little "Southern Belle". This photo ablsolutely cracks me up!



We stopped somewhere in Georgia on the way down and took and took advantage of the indoor pool before calling it a night. Man, I wish I had her tan!



All of that time in a car can wear a girl out..





Kerry's first beach experience. It might not look like it, but she did have fun.

It's so cute to hear her say "beach" because it sounds exactly like another word when she says it (use your imagination, folks).



















There was a great play structure on the beach.


Our hotel provided a crib for us, it reminded me so much of those first days with her in China...ten months ago.

On St. Patricks Day she wore this shirt that this sweet family sent last year, before she was even home =).




At the rehearsal dinner blowing bubbles with sweet little Tarah, who was flower girl in the wedding.











Having some fun around the hotel pool.







And having some fun on the luggage cart.





She was a wild woman at the reception and danced til she dropped. Literally...she was passed out asleep on my shoulder by the end of the reception.





The only picture I got of the Bride and Groom. I've known Jamie for over 25 years and I'm so happy for her and Chris.

















7 comments:

trina said...

Oh my, I think she is going to tap or clog. :) She is so precious! Such a beautiful girl. I think any picture she takes will always be cute.

Dana said...

Kerry is just such a beautiful girl! Great pictures as usual and I love her adorable summer dresses. I am also jealous of Makenna and Kerry's beautiful skin tone!

the meaklims said...

Ohhh, the beach the beach the beach! Oh how I wish!!! I adore the beach!

Kerry Lu, the adorable, sure wears that Ireland shirt well. Seriously, she really suits green, along with her beautiful Chinese dress!

And the beach dress is pretty cute too! :) Sand is weird, it took Lilah a while to figure it out last summer too, something to do with sinking into it!

I'm so glad you had fun times.

She looks different in that 'letting loose photo', the one of her jumping up and down at the 'truck stop' photo. Somehow she looks more like a toddler in it! I think she's maybe losing her baby look, ...a little!

Hugs, Jill.

Virginia said...

Yes, Jill, I see her "baby" look slipping away, too. I love the two year old she's becoming but I missed so much of her baby stage that I'm not quite ready to see it go =(.

Gin

Lisa and Tate said...

She is so adorable! Sounds like a fun time! I am so dreading a five hour trip across country with a 19 mos old lap child. What was I thinking not buying Tate her own seat?! Cannot wait to experience the B***ch with my Tate.

3 Peanuts said...

Looks like y"all had a great time. Kerry seems like quite the lil party girl:)

The Byrd's Nest said...

I just love her in her little green silk dress....she is filling it out and completely precious in it! She can boogie too:)

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours