Monday, March 1, 2010


My girl is 2 years old now! I can hardly believe it. She has grown and changed so much since we met her 8 months ago. She was 15 months old and still a baby in a lot of ways. Not anymore. She is very much "two" and getting more so by the hour it seems. She is so funny and smart and energetic and stubborn and lovable.



Showing off her pretty red dress after church, minus the shoes and stockings which she insists come off the door.





Kerry, Miss A and Makenna




I wasn't able to get as many photos as I would have like because I was pretty busy.




She loved her "Kai L*n" cake.




This little "Whacky Ball" toy was a gift from Makenna and has been a huge hit. And, as you can see, she actually decided to leave her stockings on for a while after her shoes came off last night, probably to prove me wrong =).



I knew we'd been watching too much of the Olympics when Kerry built her own awards podium last night ( when we were supposed to be getting jammies put on).


Today she played with the little wooden train set we got her for a long time. She was sporting some serious nap hair. Jill, I think she's trying to do her best impression of the 'Lilah brows" in this photo.




On another note, just in time for her 2nd birthday, Kerry is cutting her first two year molar this week.

11 comments:

fleur de lis cottage said...

Happy Birthday sweet Kerry Lu!!

the meaklims said...

Happy Birthday Kerry Lu! :) You are one beautiful girl!

Gosh Gin I almost died laughing about the awards podium thing that Kerry did. Haha! She is such a cute and funny girl!

Also, I'd love to know where you got the trains and track from. Lilah would adore that, she's SO into trains! Oh and yes, that is the exact eyebrow look! I love it!!!

Jill xx

Virginia said...

Jill, I got the train set at Wal-Mart. It's made by Garanimals =).

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Kerry Lu. I wish we could have been there. I love the red dress. She is so cute. Miss you guys. See you in about 3 weeks

Dana said...

It was a fun party! Makenna had a ball. Happy that the gift was a hit too:) Funny you mention the 2 year molars because I just noticed Makenna's were coming in last week.

Wendy said...

Hi I have been following your blog and just wanted to tell Kerry Lu Happy Birthday! She is absolutely beautiful!

Hugs from NOLA,

Wendy

Wendy said...

Hi I have been following your blog and just wanted to wish Kerry Lu a very happy birthday. She is absolutely beautiful!!

Hugs from NOLA,

Wendy

Lois said...

You have such a beautiful little girl and I am so looking forward to meeting her when we bring Hannah to visit. Thank you for sharing your story. It brought back my own memories and made me cry.

the meaklims said...

Walmart? Wow, I'm onto that Gin! Maybe for Lilah's third b'day!

Thanks!
Jill

De Lucchi Family Treasures said...

Oh my she is just the cutest little thing!! I cant believe she is 2 already!! I love her face expressions while she is playing - just priceless!! Amy loves being shoes off too!
Love Jules
xxx

tiffany said...

Aw Happy Birthday to your beautiful sweet baby girl! I absolutely loved age 2 with my kiddos.

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours