Friday, August 8, 2008

waiting for china girl

Last week I flew down to Florida to spend time with friends. I've known Jamie and Jessica (wh0 are cousins) since the dawn of time, or at least since Jess was a toddler. I only get to see them once or twice a year so I always look forward to our visits. However, Jess and her husband and their little boy are moving back up to Ky. so I will be seeing alot more of them now, which suits me fine =). I adore her little boy and had a blast entertaining him all week. I think he kinda views me as a human jungle gym. We went to the beach a couple of times. We even went for swim at night which was cool until a critter (stingray we think) brushed by Jamie so we took that as our cue and skedaddled out of the water. We had a great time at Busch Gardens. But mostly we just enjoyed hanging out and catching up. I rode back to Ky. with Jess to help her with the drive. Her husband had gone on ahead of us with their truck and a U-Haul. Jamey watched "Cars" a total of FIVE times on the way home. He's obsessed..he calls it "my Queen". Hey, whatever keeps the 2 year old happy on the loooong trip home is okay with me =).


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours