Sunday, July 14, 2013

My big girl hit another milestone this past week.  She learned to tie her own shoes. 



She practiced and practiced with one pair of shoes.
 



 
She decided that laces were a bit to short so she moved on to another pair of shoes.




Success!!
 
Those laces were a bit too long causing them to touch the floor even after being tied and ended up causing a bout of tearful frustration because they weren't "perfect".  I think my girl has gotten used to things coming to her pretty easily.  It's been a challenge trying to teach her to cut herself just a little bit of slack sometimes. 
 
Eventually she rallied and has been demonstrating her new-found shoe-lace tying skills to friends and family.  I am so proud of my girl and I'm happy that she got this skill down before starting school next month...for her teacher's sake if nothing else  =).



Ni Hao Yall

3 comments:

Ally @ Even Miracles said...

Yea!! Good for her. That is a big deal and quite an achievement. I can't believe they grow up so fast!!
Ally

likeschocolate said...

love the moment when they learn how to tie shoes. I need to buy my 6 year old a pair of shoes with laces, so that he can learn.

Debbie said...

Good girl!!!!!!

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours